Tuesday, July 11, 2017

PF Day!

July 12 is PF Day, otherwise known as Patent File Day. This is the day my son Chris and I file utility (non-provisional) and design patents for a new mobility walker. After more than two years of honing our design, numerous prototypes, financial investment and loss of sleep, we are taking the final plunge following a patent pending application made a year ago on July 12, 2016.

This is truly one of those times where we have to say, "it's in God's hands now." In fact, there were many anxious moments when I had to talk to myself with encouragement. It always came back to Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

The aforementioned comforting verse clearly means trust in the Lord, but in actuality, trusting God wasn't the hardest part. It was trying to decide if this project was my will or God's, even though I'm sure it was devinely inspired. Nevertheless, you can bet a few prayers went in that direction!

So now I say it's in God's hands. If it is a success, I'll definitely know it was more than just my desire to bring a new and truly innovative product to market − one which could help many people. It might also make me a better philanthropist, but that's a selfish wish on my part because sharing our blessings with others is truly one of our greatest gifts.

So now we wait to see what God has planned as I approach medical manufactures and distributors. In any case, I don't need to stress over the outcome because I am more than grateful to know it is in His hands, and He is the one in charge.

1 comment: