Thursday, January 31, 2019

If It Hadn't Happened to Me

I admit to being a skeptic about some things, not about God or the afterlife. I feel strongly and have faith in the existence of both. But, there are things that people say which give me pause, and I attribute their experiences to being fabricated, the person being confused, or the mind playing tricks.

Now with that being said, I know there are phenomena that can't be explained. I've even had a few such experiences myself, ones which I am careful not to divulge to the general public because I don't want others to think I've "lost my marbles." I find I'm not alone in that thinking when it comes to sharing the unexplainable.

At a recent meeting of a writers group to which I belong, this topic arose. One of our members wrote about seeing herself out of body, and existing in two planes. She wrote this at the urging of another member, and her relayed account brought "knowing" comments from many in attendance. 

Such weird experiences become more shareable when individuals realize they are not alone in being a recipient of a similar occurrence. Most of us willingly admit to being skeptics about mediums, prognosticators, etc. but still, there are those strange little happenings that make us wonder about our connection to this world. For instance, have you ever known what the next song would be on the radio? Or maybe you thought about someone who then calls you a few minutes later.

The Bible makes it clear that we are all God's children. He expects us to have a connection so that we care for one another. How that occurs, I don't even want to guess there is so much we don't know.

So can you tell what I will write about next? I want to hear stories from those who are skeptical about such matters, but have had experiences which they know others would be skeptical of if they hadn't experienced it themselves. I suspect this is a very interesting subject about which there is much to learn.

1 comment: