Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Rest of the Story

I promised to post the rest of the story from my forthcoming book, If It Hadn't Happened to Me, and that follows below. Thus far, everything is going well with the schedule to publish on Amazon in September.

As you may recall, my intent was to show a connectivity between God's creatures, especially between humans. In writing this book, I found some very unusual and unexpected corroborative experiences as well as some that ranged from simple to a bit bazaar. Another discovery was that I am almost surprised now when someone says they have never had any kind of urging, premonition, or unexplained story to share, but we are all different in what we think, believe, or perceive. So, without further ado, here is the rest of my story with the last paragraph from the previous blog re-posted:


  Then, less than two weeks after losing Steve, I began noticing a particular scent. It really was more like an odor because it was exactly like the smell in his hospital room—a mixture of sterile hygiene and a body shutting down. It was very distinct.
  I tried to ignore the scent initially, but then began to notice how it came at different times and in different places in my home. I actually wondered if my mind was playing tricks on me. Finally I determined it was not; it was just too odd and consistent to ignore.
  I’m not someone who can think of a particular smell and then seemingly smell it so it was difficult to dismiss. I also wondered, if this were Steve making contact, why he didn’t pick something more pleasant such as the aroma of gingerbread we used to make. I finally guessed the chosen smell was more poignant and tried to “request” it when I really needed to feel Steve’s presence, but it never came. It only “appeared” when unexpected. Gradually, the scent became less frequent, and by the time I needed to move to another location 11 months later, it had been gone for months.
  It was difficult to leave the home Steve and I built and shared for 26 years. Our children grew up in the house, and Steve had engaged in so many big and little improvement projects over the years including landscaping, building a patio off the deck, and remodeling our entire kitchen. Leaving our home was like losing a piece of him again.
  When the last of our possessions were given away or moved to my new residence, I was very sad. As I got into bed that first night in my new townhome, I cried. And then I smelled the scent. I believe Steve let me know that he had moved with me. – The Author

No comments:

Post a Comment