Sunday, December 2, 2018

Blessings Can Be Different

Note: If you want to make a smart investment, buy this book! Financial Seasons Devotional by Lisa Y. Jones, 99 cents on Amazon (promotional price for a limited time) is a great resource for everyone, and one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give. https://www.amazon.com/Financial-Seasons-Devotional-Inspiration-Emotions-ebook/dp/B07KWPRP9P/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=&linkCode=sl1&tag=lisayjones-20&linkId=4c1e25a6459bfc95dcc81862df1c3cdf&language=en_US

I think we all tend to view blessings in terms of possessions, abilities and relationships, but I recently experienced a different one − God put me on a path to edit a best seller.

More than a year ago, my son and daughter-in-law told me about a woman in their congregation who was writing a book and needed an editor. "You'll really like Lisa and Keith, Mom," my son said. Lisa and Keith were the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University course group leaders/councilors in their church. 

We finally made contact, and I agreed to look at what Lisa had written thus far, and then show her what edits I suggested. It was a time when we both prayed for direction, and we each had a decision to make: Did I want to edit her book, and did she want to work with me?

It was just a short time later that we both felt we needed to work together on bringing this book to fruition. I've always wanted to edit a best seller, and after reading a few chapters, I felt this was probably going to be it. (For several days now, it has been the #1 new release best seller.) It will soon be available in softbound and hardbound versions.

I loved what Lisa wrote, and I loved the potential benefit to readers, hence my note above to buy this book. It can benefit anyone, religious or not, swimming in debt, or even debt-free. 

As blurbs and endorsements (including one from  Dave Ramsey) rolled in, I truly felt blessed to be a part of this venture, and absolutely thrilled for Lisa. I am truly thankful to God for this path of collaboration, and giving me the abilities to assist Lisa in this project. Yes, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment