Monday, June 3, 2019

Help a Business

The assignment this week may sound a bit strange, but if we help a business to better serve its customers, it's a win-win situation. That could be anything from a sole proprietor to a large chain store.

Although I've mentioned before, unsolicited advice is usually not well received or heeded, that doesn't apply to businesses. Their only function is to serve in some capacity, and most depend upon good customer service in order to sustain what they do.

To give an example, I've had two bad experiences recently in picking up pizzas. I waited (7 minutes the first time and 12 minutes the second time) each time behind a car that was waiting for their order which wasn't ready until after mine. Since a designated pick-up time is different than drive-thru ordering, the person waiting should have been asked to pull around so that the next person in line (me in this case) could pick up the order that was ready. Simple!


So, how did I handle this? I contacted customer service via their website and made a suggestion. Having been in customer service management, I know that viable businesses need that feedback, and I also know that it is best to give suggestions or complaints in a nice manner. (Let's hope they use my comments to improve their customer service because, if it happened to me twice in a row, it had to happen to others.)

Now, it's your turn to think how you can help a business, and make this world a better place. If nothing comes to mind about any positive feedback and suggestions you can give to a business, find another way to help. That can be praising one of the employees or even making a purchase from a locally owned store.

Among entries from my journal this week: Wrote two checks to charities, and bought some great books from my church's fundraiser to be placed into bags for dialysis patients.

Happy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment