Monday, January 15, 2018

He's Here!

I first fell in love with Maddox when I learned of his existence and viewed his sonogram. And, of course, I think he is the cutest and most adorable grandchild ever to be born! I'd post pictures to prove it, but I am respecting his parents' wishes not to publicly splash his picture across the Internet!

Maddox was due on January 6, but finally made his appearance, after 3 futile attempts to induce labor, via an unplanned c-section yesterday morning (Sunday, January 14). The roads were not great into KC, and I slid through an intersection on a red light while all other cars were fortunately stopped waiting for the light to turn. (For the record, I was going very slow, but ice doesn't care.) I'm certain  the intersection was clear of vehicles because God listened to me praying the whole way there!

Maddox continues an uncanny occurrence in our family. There may be 365 days a year, but we seem to like duplicate birthdays. I have 2 nephews born on my paternal grandmother's birthday; a great-nephew born on my sister Lesta's birthday; my son Ryan was born on my sister Bette's birthday, another nephew was born on my paternal great-grandmother's (with whom I share my middle name) birthday; a niece was born on her paternal grandmother's birthday; and Maddox was born on my maternal grandmother's birthday. He missed my father's birthday by one day.

As you might imagine, Maddox is the screen saver on my Samsung tablet and I can't stop looking at him. At 8lbs, 12oz he can easily fill an entire page. He also very much resembles his father's baby pictures so that's another reason to love him even more!




No comments:

Post a Comment