Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Christmas in July

With so much time at home and not being able to visit stores, one would think I've saved a lot of money. That might be true had I not discovered the shopping channels and Internet shopping e-tailers some time ago.

Even in past years, I eagerly awaited "Christmas in July" presentations on QVC, HSN and ShopHQ. And for years, I've advanced-ordered great Christmas items for my Christmas Eve open house. My garage also begins to fill up with Christmas gifts this time of year.

It's no surprise then that almost all of my holiday shopping was finished by December first last year, and most Christmas gifts completely paid for. Early shopping allows me to write checks to the organizations I have annually chosen to support. I suspect this year, those checks will be even more important than in the past.

I doubt I will ever stop being a kid at Christmas, just like I won't stop shopping in July for the event five months later. I also try to keep Christmas in my heart all year long. As I mentioned in a previous blog, the caring and generous response shown during the Covid19 pandemic demonstrates that I am not alone.



PUZZLE #18  WORD SEARCHFAMOUS PEOPLE


N    

P

R


T

J


E


F

F

E

R

S

O

N

O


Y

E

L

N

N

I

K

C

M

T

Q

O

S


S

M


A

D

A

N

H

O

J

D

B

B

L


Z

G

I

Z

G

N

T

R

N

N

U

A

I


K

Y

F

N

A

E

U

O

P

O

D

M

W


R

C

U

O

E

P

T

J

I

T

D

A

W


A

G

E

O

R

G

E

B

U

S

H

L

O


L

V

W

S

R

D

Z

O

I

U

A

H

R


C

J

O

I

K

E

R

W

R

O

S

S

D


D

X

H

W

F

O

E

I

K

H

A


N

O


N

S

T

B

I

L

L

E

C

M

K

F

O


A

P

H

E

N

R

Y

C

L

A

R

A

W


G

U

P

M

U

R

T

M

O

S

E

S

 
WASHINGTON     SAM HOUSTON    GEORGE BUSH    LEWIS
AND CLARK    T JEFFERSON    J BOWIE    CLARA    R REAGAN
JOHN ADAMS    IKE    TYLER    P HENRY     ROSS    MCKINNLEY
TRUMP    TYLER    WOODROW WILSON    G FORD    HOWE
BILL    OBAMA    PENN    BUDDAH    TUT    MOSES    KHAN





No comments:

Post a Comment