Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I Love Christmas!

I love Christmas! I think what I enjoy most is that it's the one time of the year when the majority of humanity  (Christians and many non-Christians alike) seem to behave like we should.  We show generosity, forgiveness, atone, and display a happier attitude toward one another regardless of our differences. Maybe it's even a little glimpse of Heaven, too.

This year, I made a little atypical gesture of self-indulgence. My late husband's company gives away a coveted annual award in his name to the person who demonstrates his level of compassion and caring toward both clients and co-workers.

Last year, I ordered Harry London chocolates from QVC during their Christmas in July sale, which arrived in late November, so that I could take it to the luncheon where the award was presented. It was my thanks to this wonderful group of people who remember and honor my special husband, and continue to include me as part of their family. And yes, the gourmet chocolates were a big hit.

This year, I again placed an advanced order to bring to the event. In the meantime, another shopping channel offered Waggoner chocolates which had a little different assortment. Since this was the grandson of Harry London, I thought it might be good to choose that option this year to see what they liked best.

For months, I stewed about whether to cancel the Harry London chocolates, and then finally decided to let them ship to me and I would keep them - all 6 pounds of them! 

Even though I'm a self-proclaimed chocoholic, I have shared them with friends and family. Surprisingly, there have been days when I haven't even eaten one piece. So, in reality, it isn't all self-indulgence.

I'll continue to share the remaining 4-5 pounds of goodies as a gesture of kinship with something special. So, I'm  really doing what I love most to do - sharing my blessings with others, even if it's only chocolate at the time.


1 comment: