Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanks(and)Giving is a Blessing!

I feel really good! It's not just because I've already finished most of my Christmas shopping, but because I've been blessed to share what I've been given. When God allows you to be an emissary of his benevolence, it's a gift. It especially makes me thrilled when I can do more because of the availability of a good bargain.

I want to share my experience, not because it exalts me in any way, but because I want to share how I was blessed. And I think when we can share how easy it is to make a difference, it encourages others to do the same. As most people know, I take Hebrews 10:24 very seriously: "Let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds." Example is often the best method.

Recently, a Kohl's cash and Yes2You reward certificate allowed me to add another toy to the stash I will donate to a women's shelter again this year. (I chose this charity because I know there will be women with children who arrive at the last moment with nothing for them. 

This past week, I also ordered on line to receive some great "Frozen" toys. Add that to some terrific "As Seen on TV" buys at my church's annual holiday bazaar on Saturday, and I'm ectastic! The latter buys are also due to a member of our church, who represents sales for those items, and then donates many of them for the sale.

Today, I also picked up another special 2 pound box of Russell Stover chocolates for $10 from Hy-Vee. I'll give that to my mail carrier again this year to take to the post office. It's for postal workers who never receive any appreciation such as the gift certificates I give in thanks to him and other service people who make my life easier.  

And then add to all of this, I found a great deal online for the gift item desired by the senior citizen I adopted this season - more proof God always finds a way to help us be generous with whatever we're given.

So this Thanksgiving I'll be particularly thankful that God has again allowed me to be generous with my family as well as to be part of His demonstration of love for us all.

Have a wonderful holiday and may you be blessed to find similar opportunities to mine, or to give by serving at community dinners or inviting those without families to share in your feast. Whatever you do, please comment on this blog and tell me and others how you've been blessed to give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment