Thursday, August 4, 2016

2016 - Already My Year to Remember!

Aside from five different health issues since January that ranged from calcium crystals in the ear canal that caused dizziness, to eye infections due to allergens, it's been a monumental year. I'd like to share some of the current and upcoming reasons for which I feel especially blessed.

For the second year in a row, I will have a story printed in the Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas anthology. This year, the book is titled Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Joy of Christmas, and it is due out October 18. If you've ever been interested in our family's gingerbread creations, I think you'll appreciate the story. This year, there may even be a picture of the one noted in my submission.

Also, another story that is soon to be published is included in the Hometown Memories anthology for northeast Kansas. That story details the heartwarming event where Bill Self gave my late husband the experience of a lifetime while Steve battled terminal cancer. 

Add to the anthologies, this fall will see publication of my first published children's book titled An Afternoon with the Christmas Angel. I will have a short introduction of the book on my webpage in late September. For any parent struggling with the secular and non-secular aspects of the season, it's a fun and educational story to give to children 3 to 10 years old. (A precocious two year old might even enjoy it). Since the business of early childhood was my background, it's about time I published a  children's book!

Now if I add these soon to be released works to my story included in the mystery anthology of Murder at the Liberty Ballroom: Anthology of mystery, thrillers and suspense, it explains how some of my time has been spent this year. 

In a few weeks, I'll introduce you to a wonderful memoir written by a friend, and for which I served as editor. It's a fascinating book from someone who worked for Billy Graham, served as an early Regional Director for Habitat for Humanity, smuggled Bibles behind the Iron Curtain, and much more. Even if I weren't the editor, I would recommend this entertaining and enlightening book to everyone! It's titled A Journey Worth Taking: God, M.S. and Me.

In July, my son and I submitted a patent application for a new type of adult walker. It is nothing like anything currently available and it is a vast improvement. I am hopeful that this will be a benefit to many people and enable me to maybe become a better philanthropist.

So what does all this mean? It is simply evidence of how blessed I am! Romans 12:16 (NIV) states:
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us." I thank God that He has helped me to identify mine and given me the opportunity to use them to do a little good in this world, now and in the future. I don't have any delusions of grandeur; I know where my inspiration and talents originate. God gets the credit - I'm just fortunate to be the vessel!

No comments:

Post a Comment