Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Happy or Not?

2017 was a banner year for me in many ways: I accomplished most of what I wanted to do like filing the final patent application for a new type of mobility walker; I had no major medical issues; and I lived comfortably without any worry of having enough food or paying my bills. My grateful heart tells me the latter two are the most important. Not every one is that fortunate.

A few years ago I wrote an Internet article for The Humanitarian Examiner-Topeka called "Make a Difference." The theme was always something anyone could do to make this world a better place. (I finally opted for this current blog format because I could make it faith-based.) My New Year's Resolution articles always gave suggestions for positive actions that could change the world for better. Now I have just one.

For two years, I have kept a journal. In it, I try to write daily something I did to make this world a better place. That makes me take positive action to consciously accomplish that as a daily goal. It's the best self-improvement concept I can think to do, and one I'll faithfully implement.

The new year will hold many exciting things for me including a grandson from my older son and daughter-in-law, and the wedding of my youngest son. From life experience, I know those will be the best of 2018. I also know that our lives are what we make them through our choices. Mine is to live my faith as best I can, and that means honoring my New Year's resolution daily.

Happy 2018!


1 comment:

  1. Well said, Vicki, but the way you live your life is the best example.

    ReplyDelete