Monday, July 29, 2019

A Taste of ...

I believe we are put on this earth to care for one another − plain and simple, that is
our purpose. After all, Jesus emphasized and commanded his disciples to "love one another." 

The connectivity in knowing Jesus, bonded his followers to each other, just as I think there is a great deal of proof of our own connectivity with all humanity. The strange things that happen to many of us are part of that proof, and why my book, If It Hadn't Happened to Me, was written. (It should be published in September). 

In my last blog, I promised a glimpse of the contents in my future articles. Following is from the Author's Note section: 



When I decided to write this book, I requested stories only from trusted individuals whom I knew, or from others who were trusted by those individuals. Some of the stories are from fellow authors who have previously written about their experiences, and some are from the most unlikely sources − people I never really expected to respond. What I also discovered in requesting stories is, even many of those who had not had experiences to relate, often knew stories about other people who had. And there were some who never encountered or knew of anyone who had experienced such events, yet were still open to and believed such things happen.


It was also interesting that some people had only one story to tell and others had many. Strangely, one of those individuals said she had once read these types of “unbelievable” experiences run in families. With a few submissions in this book, that seems to be correct, but due to respect for anonymity, I can’t disclose which writers are related.


As a final note, I appreciate the willingness of all who shared their stories with me for this book. There are accounts where the reader may still question the validity of what someone wrote, but that is the point of the book. Those who shared their experiences, too, would not have believed what happened if it hadn’t happened to them.































No comments:

Post a Comment