Monday, July 22, 2019

Week 15 - The Final Week

This week has no assignment or suggestion because you have hopefully begun your own journey to make this world a better place. By now, you should also see how easy it is to do, but it does take a concerted effort to do something daily.

It's easy to go through life, rather than living it. The first part means that we don't make a difference; the second part is what allows us to affect change for the better. If our attitude each day is positive with a desire to make this world better, we will do it. That's where the journal comes in by helping us to track our progress toward that goal, and make sure we do it each and every day.

You should now also see what you do doesn't require anything on the epic scale, cost a lot of money, or even time. It's easy. You just have to do it (apologies to Nike).

Next week, I'll post some excerpts from my book, If It Hadn't Happened to Me. I'll also give updates on another book I'm finishing which will be published first, and information regarding two stories which will appear in two Chicken Soup for the Soul books due out in September and October. (And by the way, I count much of what I write toward my personal goal to make this world a better place.)

A few of my journal entries this week: Wrote 3 condolences to families who lost loved ones (I always include a personal note in a card and try to mention something positive about the deceased)*, checked on a friend who was home from the hospital, and helped another friend with a project. 

*My book, Simple Things to Make This World a Better Place, lists more than 20 things you can do for someone who has lost a loved one as well as other ways to help in other circumstances.. "If there is anything I can do" is a kind offer, but it's more meaningful when you can actually do something without being asked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment