Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year Resolution

It might be surprising to some, but I no longer make New Year's resolutions and haven't for some time. Instead, I just log what I do daily to try to make this world a little better place. I can't think of a better resolution than that.

This past year has proven to be an interesting one for me with the publication of two books, entries in two Chicken Soup for the Soul anthologies, and editing. As for next year, I anticipate some significant changes in 2020, some good and some challenging, but that is life. It's unknown, exciting, a bit fearful, all because nothing will ever be exactly the same and we can't predict the future. And maybe we really don't want to.

No matter what is on the horizon, I will gather with friends tonight on New Year's Eve (our annual tradition), and we will play cards and eat (hopefully most) of the remaining goodies left over from the Christmas season. I don't expect that particular tradition to change any time soon, but whatever does change, I know I have a fail-safe. If you are a person faith, you know to what and whom I refer.

To everyone reading this, I wish for you the best possible new year. Let's all try to make this world a better place―one day at a time regardless of whatever resolution you choose. 

Happy (2020) New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment