Thursday, December 31, 2015

Animals Are a Gift From God

I've had many animals as pets, but I never connected with one as much as I have my cute little grand-dog. Apparently he feels the same way about me as captured in a hilarious (to me anyway!) video made by my son Chris. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGnXVuvcWJM. 

His name is Dan, but I call him Danny, and he is a Beagle/Jack Russell mix.  He has his own shelf of doggie treats in my pantry, a corner of my living room for storage of his bed (when he stays overnight) and toys,  and the assurance of at least an hour walk per day when he visits. I am firmly wrapped around one of his little paws although I haven't identified which one as yet.

Genesis 1:26 states: "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."' I don't know if God intended some of the creatures to become pets, but I'm sure He knew and was pleased that man could relate to animals in such a way.

Enjoy the video and my New Year's wish for each of you is to embrace each day with as much excitement as my grand-dog! (Feel free to share this blog or the video).

No comments:

Post a Comment